Friday, October 30, 2009

DJ Vinnie Esparza's Friday Five

Lawdy Lawd! I have these hot tracks that are just aching to be posted. Let's get on with it already!




A timeless track that could have easily been made today, or 30+ years ago (which it was). A relentless groove!




I love me some Gabor Szabo, and this track is one of my faves. From the underrated "Jazz Raga" LP on Impulse.




The Cool Ruler at Work. Lee Perry at the controls. 1976




Mid-60s Chicano sweet soul that instantly turns me into a mere puddle of water.




Slammin' descarga courtesy of NYC bad-ass Johnny Colon.



BONUS ROUND: "For Your Height Only" movie trailer.



A Filipino Mini-James Bond? The best movie ever made?????


Check out my website www.djvinnie.net to check out any of my DJ gigs in San Francisco. Have a great weekend!




.

No comments: