Monday, October 27, 2008

Coldcut & TV Sheriff "Revolution '08"



This is not a political blog and I have no intention of turning it into one. (If you're looking for a great one check out my old buddy Krup's blog, I'm Just Sayin'. With just a week away from the election here in the States, my 10 year old daughter turned to me this morning and told me how serious she is about moving to Canada if McCain wins. I'm sure those of you who are parents have experienced the despair of seeing the world your kid's are going to inherit, seemingly spin out of control. Screwing up my world is one thing, screwing things up for my kid brings out a fierce, protective rage that is a new and unpleasant sensation for me, made all the more horrific by the sense of powerlessness that accompanies it.

As we all wait with baited breath for the outcome of this increasingly surreal circus that is the march to election day, I can't resist featuring this incredible video put together by one of my favorite musical teams Coldcut and audio video vigilante TV Sheriff. They describe the piece as: "A drum+bass powered all-out AV assault on an American media machine now in psychotic overdrive for the Presidential election. A 10000-frame crash edit comedy celebration of the blatant corruption, warmongering, florid insanity and plain good old smelly bullsh*t that : characterizes the cultural landscape of the world's most confused country."

While people have been sending me seemingly thousands of "You Tube" links with a wide array of political content of late, there is something about this video that seems to perfectly capture the insanity of this campaign. I offer it here for your perusal in the hopes that better days are ahead for all of our children.

No comments: