Friday, September 4, 2009

DJ Vinnie Esparza's Friday Five

We've known DJ Vinnie Esparza since he was just a pup. He's always had great taste in jazzy, funky & psychedelic grooves and has been voted "Best DJ in San Francisco" a few times. He's also been known to release some rare and tasty sounds on his own Disjoint label. We've asked Vinnie to bring Global Noize a regular selection of some of his favorite tunes. Check back every Friday for a hand picked selection that's guaranteed to make your weekends groove harder-

Here is a selection of some of my favorite tunes that fans of Six Degrees will dig!



The song is called "Booty Butt" and the artist is Ray Charles. 'Nuff said!




Such a hot version that was recorded before the more popular Black Uhuru rendition.




This is a group called The Ordells. This song is so beautiful, it almost hurts.




Cortijo and the gang just killin' it in this old clip. Vaya!




Being from Oakland myself, I had to put this on.


Catch me this week as I spin SF JAZZ's new HOTPLATE series. This month we do a tribute to Wes Montgomery with guitarist Terrence Brewer. (Catch me before, between and after his sets). THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10th at Amnesia, 853 Valencia St. in San Francisco, 8pm - 2am. For more info on this event, check out www.sfjazzhotplate.org or call SFJAZZ at (415) 788-7353. You can also catch me at the Elbo Room on FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11th for "Treat 'Em Right" with DJ B-Cause, Matthew Africa and a special guest. Elbo Room is at 647 Valencia St., SF, 10pm -2am. For more info on me, visit www.djvinnie.net

No comments: